Transmission Line Engineer Drafter
Pittsburgh, PA / Phoenix, AZ
DiGioia Gray is seeking a Transmission Line Drafter in our Pittsburgh, PA and Phoenix, AZ offices. This part-time drafter will primarily be responsible for the detailed design and drafting of electric transmission lines.
- Create, update and revise sketches, working drawings and contract documents using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software or manual means to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare plan and profile sheets, staking sheets, and stringing charts.
- Assist engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues.
- Perform As-Built revisions
- Prepares documentation to support design drawings.
- Prepare conceptual routes, laouts, preliminary designs as well as detailed designs utilizing established guidelines and specifications for transmission lines.
- Develop and modify pole loading drawings, framing drawings, and construction drawings.
- Develop and modify terrain models.
- Coordination with local utility, municipality, and contractor representatives to obtain as-built records and other project related documents.
Required: A.S. or equivalent in Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- 1 to 3 years of relevant transmission line or civil engineering design experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communiction skills.
- Experience in a consulting services environment
- Relevant experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Relevant experience with PLS-Cadd, PLS-Pole, and PLS-TOWER
- Relevant experience manipulating PDF, JPG, and TIF files
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offers excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the “go-to” experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on time and within budget.
DiGioia Gray’s founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity -- values that are central to the company’s business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section’s “Employer of the Year” Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DiGioia Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please send your resume and cover letter in strict confidence to:
570 Beatty Road
Monroeville, PA 15146