DiGioia Gray is seeking a Civil Engineer for our Pittsburgh, PA office. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and will have experience with civil engineering projects related to oil & gas as well as power delivery clients, project management, environmental permitting, client relations and business development, and staff mentoring.
- Collect and interpret pertinent engineering data through research and/or investigation for a specific request.
- Prepare proposals and develop engineering cost estimates in a team setting.
- Develop and lead efforts associated with a civil bid package for Oil & Gas Clients as well as Power Delivery Clients. This may include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Develop right-of-way, drainage, and site grading plans
- Develop earthwork and other project quantities
- Prepare erosion and sediment control plans
- Prepare earthwork permit application
- Perform engineering construction cost estimates
- Perform general field surveying and field construction monitoring.
- Supervise, mentor, and train team members.
- Maintain accurate records in a timely manner and under project specific requirements.
- Clearly and readily communicate with contractors, clients, and others affiliated with the project to proactively resolve potential issues.
- Travel as needed and/or assigned.
- Perform and promote safe work practices.
- Perform any other project duties assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Master of Science Degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 5-10 years of civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Project Management Experience
- Experience with GIS, MicroStation, Civil 3D
- Experience working with oil & gas, and power delivery clients
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offers excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the "go-to" experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on time and within budget.
DiGioia Gray's founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity - values that are central to the company's business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section's "Employer of the Year" Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DiGioia Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.