Pittsburgh, PA / Phoenix, AZ
DiGioia Gray is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for our Pittsburgh, PA and Phoenix, AZ offices. The ideal candidate will have experience with civil engineering projects for the power and energy development markets involving geotechnical site characterization, soil mechanics, shallow and deep foundation design, settlement analyses, slope stability analyses, geohazards, and foundation/earthwork construction observation.
- Performs geotechnical computations or analysis including foundation design, settlement and slope stability
- Assists in the preparation of geotechnical and foundation reports, drawings, specifications, and visual aids
- Safely performs field assignments including geotechnical site reconnaissance, test boring observation, construction monitoring, and field testing of concrete and soil compaction
- Assists on other civil engineering tasks such as developing engineering cost estimates, coordinating with subcontractors, and developing safe work plans for field assignments
- Clearly and readily communicates with contractors/owners/engineers to proactively resolve potential field issues
- Assists on other tasks as required
- Travel (both short and long term) as needed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 0 years of experience
- 2 years of relevant experience in the energy or a consulting services environment
- EIT Certification
- GIS experience
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offeres excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the "go-to" experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on tim and within budget.
DiGioia Gray's founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity - values that are central to the company's business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section's "Employer of the Year" Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ocmpany has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ablity of DiGioia Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.