DiGioia Gray is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This part-time technician will primarily be responsible to provide GIS support through the development of maps, figures, illustrations and other documents for civil engineering projects primarily for the power and energy development markets.
- Remains proficient in the latest GIS software, tools, and workflows.
- Produces GIS geospatial drawings and occasional CAD design documents.
- Utilizes GIS techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location.
- Extracts data from GIS software using the latest best practice analyses methods.
- Imports CAD Documents into appropriate GIS workspaces.
- Organizes project geospatial information by utilizing Geodatabases and integrates applicable project information such as construction drawings, work management information, and field inspection reports.
- Supports detailed QA/QC of GIS datasets, ensuring model integrity and accuracy.
- Supports quality management of database structure and associated data dictionaries to ensure business & regulatory needs are captured in a complete and accurate manner.
- Assists in developing and manipulating GIS queries of data for investigations, special projects, and statistical analysis.
- Uses automated processes to digitize new GIS features.
- Provides maps and data sets both internally and to clients to supplement analyses.
- Supports communication of issues and resolutions encountered with GIS applications and data collection activities.
- Follows established quality and cycle time guidelines for all aspects of data additions, modifications, enhancements and corrections.
- Works in conjunction with Engineering, Geology, and Design/Drafting staff.
- Assists with completion of field inspections and surveys.
- Associate's Degree in GIS, Engineering Technology, or related discipline
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Engineering Technology, or related discipline
- Professional master's (ProMS) degree in GIS or related discipline
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the latest principles, practices, and techniques of GIS
- Experience with the ESRI products suite, including ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, and extensions such as 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, and Geostatistical Analyst), ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and other GIS software such as Global Mapper, QGIS, SAGA GIS, and GRASS GIS.
- Experience with Trimble products suite, including TerraSync and Pathfinder Office/Positions preferred.
- Relevant experience manipulating and generating PDF, JPG, KML, KMZ, SHP, and GeoTIFF files.
- Relevant experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Experience in a consulting services environment.
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offers excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the "go-to" experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on time and within budget.
DiGioia Gray's founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity - values that are central to the company's business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section's "Employer of the Year" Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DiGioia Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.