DiGioia Gray is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for our Phoenix, AZ office. The ideal candidate will have experience performing geotechnical and geologic analyses and investigations, leading projects, managing client relationships, and developing staff members.
- Manage projects and ensure they are completed on-schedule, within budget and consistent with company and client standards.
- Develop and conduct site characterization activities, foundation and retaining wall design, settlement analyses, slope stability analyses, and foundation/earthwork construction observation.
- Prepare geotechnical and foundation reports, specifications, contract drawings, and visual aids.
- Develop engineering cost estimates, coordinating with subcontractors, and developing safe work plans for field assignments.
- Safely perform field assignments including geotechnical site reconnaissance, test boring observation, geophysical investigations, and construction monitoring.
- Clearly and readily communicate with contractors, clients, and others affiliated with the project to proactively resolve potential issues.
- Supervise, mentor, and train members of the Geotechnical Engineering and Geosciences Service Line.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, achieving sales targets.
- Serve as the client liaison and be accountable for client satisfaction with the company's performance of deliverables.
- Identify and market new clients.
- Travel as needed and/or assigned.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Master of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10 years of geotechnical engineering experience
- 5 years of project management experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- People management experience
- 10 years of geotechnical engineering experience with electric utilities in a consulting services environment
- Proven track record of accomplishments in engineering services business development planning and marketing
- GeoStudio, MFAD, and GIS experience
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offers excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the "go-to" experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on time and within budget.
DiGioia Gray's founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity - values that are central to the company's business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section's "Employer of the Year" Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DiGioia Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.