Pittsburgh, PA / Philadelphia, PA / Roanoke, VA / Charlotte, NC / Phoenix, AZ
DiGioia Gray is searching for a Substation Engineer in our Roanoke, VA, and Charlotte, NC offices. This experienced engineer will be responsible for substation engineering including detailed physical design for high voltage substation projects through 500kV.
- Prepare, provide guidance, or assist in preparing and developing the engineering deliverables for electric substation projects - including physical general arrangements, electrical one-line, detailed physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, equipment & construction specifications, and all associated electrical calculations and studies.
- Calculations and studies include power system studies on utility and industrial/commercial electrical power transmission and distribution systems, including: short circuit, load flow, arc flash, motor starting, power factor, grounding analysis and other related studies.
- Responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements.
- Other duties include developing technical specifications, performing substation conceptual layouts, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer.
- Responsible for handling multiple projects and providing a detailed design package that complies with applicable substation engineering design standards and all safety codes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, with a focus on power systems from an ABET accredited program
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, with a focus on power systems from an ABET accredited program
- 5 to 10 years of relevant substation or general electrical T&D engineering experience. Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience in the energy industry or a consulting services environment
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offeres excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the "go-to" experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on tim and within budget.
DiGioia Gray's founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity - values that are central to the company's business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section's "Employer of the Year" Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ocmpany has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ablity of DiGioia Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.