Pittsburgh, PA / Roanoke, VA / Phoenix, AZ
DiGioia Gray is seeking a Transmission Line Engineer in our Pittsburgh, PA, Roanoke, VA, and Phoenix, AZ offices. This experienced Transmission Line Engineer will primarily be focused on the structural and electrical (e.g. clearances) aspects of high and medium voltage transmission line design.
- Leading projects while being accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and to a level of quality expected by the client.
- Structural modeling of transmission line elements for load capacity and electrical clearance.
- Performing ad evaluating line inspections with recommendations to the client.
- Performing foundation designs.
- Preparing construction documents.
- Coordination with local utility, municipality, government, and contractor representatives.
- Providing guidance and coordinating work with entry-level engineers and technicians.
- Leading and/or supporting training efforts for co-workers and clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on structural engineering from and ABET accredited program
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, with focus on structural engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 5 to 10 years of relevant transmission line or general structural engineering experience
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience in the energy industry or a consulting services environment
- Relevant experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-TOWER, and AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience using RISA-3D and/or STAAD for structural analysis and design
- Functional understanding of AISC "Specification for Structural Steel Buildings", ACI 318-14 "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete", and ASCE/SEI 7 "Minimum Design Loads for buildings and Other Structures", ASCE/SEI 10 "Design of Latticed Steel Transmission Structures", and ASCE/SEI 48 "Design of Steel Transmission Pole Structures"
- Functional understanding of NESC, EIA-TIA, CSA, and GO95 Codes
Why Choose DiGioia Gray?
DiGioia Gray offeres excellent compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays are offered with this position.
DiGioia Gray was founded by Anthony M. DiGioia Jr. and Richard (Dick) E. Gray, who are widely regarded as the "go-to" experts in the industry through decades of providing innovative project solutions on tim and within budget.
DiGioia Gray's founding principles emphasize quality work, client service, reliability, respect and integrity - values that are central to the company's business philosophy. These values, along with the objective to meet schedules and commitments and an ability to provide innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, have earned DiGioia Gray a reputation for excellence.
The commitment to these values has enabled DiGioia Gray to win numerous awards, including ASCE Pittsburgh Section's "Employer of the Year" Award.
DiGioia Gray provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DiGioia Gray complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ocmpany has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
DiGioia Gray expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ablity of DiGioia Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.