DiGioia Gray & Associates have successfully managed a plethora of design and construction projects for more than 50 years. We are experienced in providing clients with the most beneficial and cost-effective solutions for projects, and our continued success is focused on the delivery of effective and efficient engineering designs.
Each project location has unique geologic character and constraints. Our geotechnical professionals move projects forward by exploring and evaluating the subsurface conditions at each site to define its geotechnical characteristics. We encourage geologic review and site reconnaissance in every project to provide the client with substantive and vital information. Using this site exploration information, we identify potential hazards and site constraints, and produce an engineered solution that is consistent with the project objectives.
Reliability-Based Foundation Design and Analysis
DiGioia Gray specializes in foundation design and analysis for all types of shallow and deep foundations, using the latest design methods. Due to our extensive experience and collaborative research efforts on foundations we have become the foundation consultant of choice for many challenging projects. In addition, we have an exclusive relationship with the Electric Power Research Institute that allows DiGioia Gray to license and make technical modifications to the FAD Tools software package — a design and analysis tool for various types of deep foundations.
Foundations affect constructability, life expectancy, maintenance, and life cycle costs for most engineered structures. DiGioia Gray staff use a reliability-based approach for the optimal design of foundations. As part of their construction, foundations frequently required innovative modifications to accommodate variations in subsurface conditions and project requirements. DiGioia Gray provides the vital design, analyses and on-going construction monitoring and services to ensure the success of a project.
Services DiGioia Gray provides related Geotechnical and Foundation Engineering:
- Geological and geotechnical reconnaissance
- Geological and geotechnical site characterization
- Excavation shoring design
- Reclamation analysis and design
- Pavement analysis and design
- Geosynthetics assessments and specifications
- Groundwater and hydrogeologic studies
- Geophysical data analysis
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Mechanically stabilized earth slopes
- Retaining system structure designs
- Karst investigations and remediation
- Mine subsidence studies
- Mine fire extinguishment
- Abandoned mine stabilization
- Expansive soil and rock investigations
- Landfill studies
- Groundwater monitoring plans
- Mine backfill studies
- Subsurface investigations
- Slope stability studies
- Failure investigations