Substation Design and Engineering
DiGioia Gray’s substation engineers and designers have extensive utility experience in planning, project management, design, construction, refurbishment and maintenance of substations ranging in voltage from 4kV to 765kV. We provide full-service substation engineering and design packages for new substations and for modifications to existing substations.
DiGioia Gray’s substation designs meet or exceed client standards, are developed with operational experience and, when necessary, offer engineering solutions to complex substation challenges.
Our Substation Engineering Services include:
- Operating as owner's engineer
- Feasibility studies and conceptual designs
- Development of engineering calculations
- Preparation of detailed project construction packages including drawings and bill of materials
- Development of purchase requisitions
- Site development
- Foundation design
- Civil and structural design
- Major equipment, structure and bus layouts
- Complete relay and control engineering
- SCADA system design and development of RTU configuration files
- Development of relay settings
- Grounding system analysis and design using state-of-practice software
- Oil containment system design
- Design of underground cable trench and conduit systems
- 3D substation modeling
- Development of material and equipment specifications
- Lightning protection
DiGioia Gray's substation engineering group complements our transmission line engineering experts for total power delivery services.